Thursday 20 April 2017

Midweek Cycle; Stuff the Rat Race!, a wee Detour commute...



After two days of the Rat race around the Edinburgh Bypass to attend a spraying training course i can honestly say who would want to do that every day!, i find it hilarious that people tear past at daft speeds in big luxury cars (always one person per car) to then sit in queueing traffic! lol!!
I personally have already said on here how happy i am to opted to stay out of that type of lifestyle,
I would not do that every day for twice or more my salary!, stuff that!,
If i wanted to work in Edinburgh then i would live there,  2 hours a day stuck in a car doing that?, no thanks!

Happy to be back to commuting by bike locally around 6 miles each way on relative quiet roads...


These boys heading off to prepare new fields for potato planting will soon slow down the odd car driving like a twat! :D


Anyway away from all that nonsense and with the days work done i headed for a wee loop through the grassy `Savanna` dunes on the Surly KramPug 29+, not a long loop in miles but with no one else around it was ace to have such a scenic place all to myself...


With views like this what`s not to like?, beats the rat race!...


Off road loop done i headed home,
With Boards of Canada playing on the iPod i just switch off and go into a relaxed kind of cycling meditation...
I describe it as `losing myself and finding myself`...  cycling is my Yoga? :)


Something about those farm wind turbines that catch my attention and i take my eyes off the road and transfix on them whirling away... all to the beat of BOC on my iPod...


Wee film riding through the dunes, as usual i now make films a max of 3 minutes long and edit songs to that length of film,
Song is `Music is Math`  by Boards of Canada...

Surly KramPug; Midweek detour commute April 17 from coastkid71 on Vimeo.


More soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment