Tuesday 11 July 2017

Dry The Rain... Commuting


I woke up to rain again this morning, seems a repeating thing every Tuesday and Thursday that i plan to cycle to work and to go for a detour ride home on the commute. I have hardly cycled to work the last 3 weeks as seems to always be some reason i need to take the car-that`s not a moan dropping Jeni off at the train station!, i treasure the time we have together, but the weather seems to try it`s best to put me off on days i plan to cycle...
Today i was like `sod it!` forecast is to be good this afternoon and i have waterproofs!,
And riding to work in the rain it actually felt great and i was grinning like a dafty as splashed through puddles and the odd car i passed the driver looked at me probably thinking "what an arse cycling in that!", or "poor chap" but far from it i felt alive and arrived at work buzzing!, as cycling does to me anyway...

Thinking about the days afternoon forecast a song and it`s lyrics spun through my head as i spun the pedals and splashed through the puddles - `Dry The Rain` by Beta Band...




Fleet of tractors failed to soak me as they sped by on route to driving soil  from new building site at NB...

My Alpkit waterproofs and Shimano MT91 boots kept my core dry despite the slightly damp Merino lightweight base layer under neath from the 15C heat and i changed into a dry T shirt and hung all my gear and parked the bike in the Plant room which is always warm - my gear was all dry to pack away at 9am!...

And packed away it was as by 2pm the drizzle eased and the clouds broke up to a big blue sky as i rode away from work...





Along to North Berwick to visit friend Craig at his shop and great to see some blue sky again!...







Craig made a brew, then after a good blether and us both putting the world to rights as usual, Craig had a quick spin around the block on the Dawes Ultra Galaxy and was impressed...


I headed east out of NB and then a loop through the countryside home soaking up the lovely evening sunshine and light...







"There`s no place like home"... never truer words said....


More soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment